BUSINESS COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD
Founded in 1905, Darlington School is an independent, coeducational, college-preparatory school for students in PK through grade 12, with boarding available in grades 9-12.
To empower students to learn with passion, act with integrity, and serve with respect
Wisdom More Than Knowledge
Service Beyond Self
Honor Above Everything
Service Beyond Self has been one of Darlington’s core values since the school was founded in 1905.
This is evidenced by the participation of faculty, staff and students in the community.
– Complete thousands of hours of service each year
– Go to Boys and Girls club, Open Door Home and McHenry Primary weekly
– Athletic teams do at least one servant leadership effort each year
– Have had international service trips to India, Haiti, and the Dominican Republic
– Students also volunteer at local retirement centers, prepare meals for homeless shelter, do clothing drives, and much more
Faculty and Staff:
-Darlington encourages faculty and staff to serve and get involved in the community
-Currently have employees on Boards and committees at organizations like South Rome Redevelopment Corporation, Sexual Assault Center of NWGA, Greater Rome Chamber of Commerce, Rome Area History Museum, Junior Service League, One Book Many Voices, and Open Door Home
Each year, Darlington School hosts:
– Special Olympics
– Tri for the Kids and Sprint & Youth Triathlon
– Light the Lake for cancer awareness
-Two blood drives per year
Nominated by Tannika Wester, Director of Media Relations at Darlington, who says, “I have experienced, firsthand, Darlington School’s commitment to encouraging its faculty and staff members to serve our community in different ways – and to wholeheartedly supporting us as we do it.