In the 33 years since its beginning, the Heart of the Community Foundation has continued to raise money to support heart related projects in the Rome community.
This is evidenced by:
- The building of the Wanda J. Whitten Guest House for families of critically ill patients on the Redmond campus.
- A Fitness Station at Ridgeferry Park.
- AED units placed in public agencies in Rome and Floyd County.
- A Serenity Garden at Redmond Regional Medical Center.
- Community Heart Education Seminars.
- Community Grants to local agencies.