The Ball Corporation acquired the Metal Container Corporation here in Rome in 1993. For 25 years they have been a low cost producer of U.S. beverage cans producing between 11 and 12 million cans a day. The company focuses on safety and quality and remains highly efficient and technology advanced.
The Rome plant employs 180 individuals who are encouraged to volunteer and give back to the community. Every year they choose a variety of projects in the community and employees have the opportunity to earn volunteer hours that will also earn money for their charity of choice.
Their Service to the Community includes:
- Every other month, employees volunteer at the Community Kitchen- 4 hours of time per visit
- Every other month employees volunteer at the Action Ministries Food Pantry- 4 hours per visit
- Annually participate in the “Lets Can Hunger” food drive. The Ball Foundation will donate
$1 per pound to the charity of choice. 2018 donation to Action Food Ministries was $27,510
- Annually provide Thanksgiving and Christmas meals for 5 families in need in the Rome Community
- Annually provide funding for Restoration Rome to purchase mattresses and
bedding needed for foster care
- Annually provide Christmas gifts for 45-50 senior citizens through the
Sheriff’s Santa for Seniors program
The Ball Corporation strives to encourage their employees to not only make a good product but to also give time to make a better community.
Their team spirit attitude helps them to be successful in the plant and in the community and with their team it is true that together everyone achieves more.